Tuesday, May 20, 2003

An interesting intersection between Wisconsin politics and Hollywood from Salon.com.:

salon.com | Sept. 14, 2000

"I was giving a phone interview for a fellowship to the American Film Institute in Hollywood when the interviewer asked, "Do you support Jim Doyle for governor of Wisconsin?" I replied that I wasn't aware that our current attorney general of Wisconsin was running. I also told her I was a supporter of our current governor, Tommy Thompson. Silence on the other end. I flew to Hollywood for an interview a few days later. Again my political views came up in the conversation. Needless to say, I was placed as an alternate for fall of 2000 admission. Not only can you not come out of the closet in Hollywood as a Republican, they will close the door before you can come in. Intolerance? You bet. It is the Democrats in Hollywood looking in the mirror. "

-- Frank J. Romano


No comments: